Background

Saturday, December 8, 2012

No place like home for the holidays!

Since we completed the renovation of our kitchen and dinning room, we began working on our living room. The living room is the reason we bought our house. It came with beautiful hardwood floors and plantation shutters, but the L shape made it hard to maximize space. After 7 years, I think we finally got  it right. I still want to add some to the office area, but I will figure that out later. It is time to enjoy the holidays and stop working on our house!!!

Yes, Thomas is a regular show on our tv! We found our amazing entertainment stand
at a garage sale for only $50. 
I found our curtains at Target. We put some sheer white ones in the middle
to breakup the pattern. Of course, I got the idea on Pinterest. I really like the
way it turned out!
We found four of our frames at Hobby Lobby and painted a couple of our old ones.
Paul made me a trunk one year for Christmas. We recently painted it with
the chalk paint and decided to use it as our end table. Info about
the chalk paint is below. The lamp came from Hobby Lobby, and the
shade came from Target.
The table and chairs are from Target.
We found this console table at an estate sale and painted it. I wanted to use chalk paint,
but it is so expensive. I did a search on the computer and stumbled across an amazing blog,
I heart Nap Time. I used her chalk paint recipe, and it turned out great. Here is a link to the
recipe http://www.iheartnaptime.net/chalk-paint/. I just bought cheap paint from Wal-Mart. My
husband added the chevron stripes to our cork board. It is a great Christmas card holder
and display for children's work.
This is my office area. Paul added shelves for me, and I can't wait to fill them!!
We found the desk on a Facebook resale page. I added the cute owl knobs from Hobby Lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment