Background

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Money, Money, Money

Some good friends of ours introduced us to Dave Ramsey. After listening to the cd's, we were hooked. Being the "nerd" of our finances, I love every minute of creating our budget and putting cash in our envelopes. We began our adventure in February, so I made some cute heart envelopes out of scrapbook paper, and I was going to change them out every month. Well, things don't always go as planned. I just threw out those heart envelopes yesterday because they were finally falling apart. I decided to be more practical and focus on durability instead of cute. Therefore, I used plain envelopes and made some labels for them. Click on the links, and you can download the labels for free: Cash Envelope Labels 1Cash Envelope Labels 2  Keep in mind that we do not use all of these. I just wanted to provide some variety. You have to figure out what works best for your family. Once I put my labels on the envelopes, I laminated each envelope using my laminator that I have for my classroom. I cannot tell you enough how much I love this thing. You can purchase your own here: Scotch Thermal Laminator I was able to fit three envelopes per page. Those laminating sheets are like gold, so it is important to fit as much as you can on each one. After laminating, I cut each envelope out. I then used a razor blade to follow along the seal of each envelope. That was the hardest part. You have to press down hard enough to break the seal, but if you press too hard it will go through to the front. Check out the pics below to see the process and the final product.
These are the envelopes after they have gone through the laminator.
Carefully cutting the seal.
Success!


The final product. Not as cute, but will withstand the wear and tear of "lots of cash."




No comments:

Post a Comment