Background

Friday, June 20, 2014

Pinwheel Spinning Around

With some inspiration from Pinterest, I created some pinwheel centerpieces this school year. Our school colors are blue and gray, so that determined my color scheme. I was able to find the perfect scrapbook paper patterns at Hobby Lobby. Then, I used the tutorial I found here: http://www.littleloveliesbyallison.com/2011/06/wall-art-light-airy-part-1.html  My pinwheels did not need to spin, so I stapled the center and hot glued a button over the staple. After my pinwheels were done, I hot glued each pinwheel to a wooden dowel. I had my husband use his saw to cut off some of the dowels, so the pinwheels would not all be the same hight. I then used plain mason jars to hold the pinwheels. A beautiful wedding I was lucky to be a part of used white beans in their centerpieces, so I borrowed their great idea. I also wrapped the mason jars with some twine using hot glue. For a finishing touch, I placed each centerpiece on a woodgrain piece of scrapbook paper to keep the rustic look going. I also made a thank you banner using a pre-made burlap banner I purchased from Hobby Lobby for around $5. I then took some letters I already had in my classroom and added them to the banner. First, I laminated each letter and then hot glued them to the banner. I really liked the way it turned out! Check out the pics below.




No comments:

Post a Comment