Background

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Until we meet again...

It is hard to believe that there are still some schools in session! We got out about a week earlier this year, so I am on week number 5 of summer vacation. Of course, I have already been thinking about and working on my classroom for next year, but I wanted to share some end of the year ideas before I moved on too much. Two years ago, I gave each of my students a sand bucket with their name on it. I got the sand buckets from Michael's for less than a $1 each. Michael's ends up being a better deal than the Dollar Store because I can use my teacher discount.  In each bucket, I included an end of the year letter, their report card, a summer reading list, some sumer activities, a dvd of our class photos from the year and a compliment book. The compliment book is my favorite thing we do at the end of the year. I got the idea from TPT: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/End-of-the-Year-Class-Compliments-FREE-704033 The kids love reading all the nice things their classmates say about them, and it makes for a positive way to end the school year. I also did the candy bar awards, so their candy was in their bucket as well.
Since I have the same students for two years, I had to do something different for this school year. I had been wanting to try my hand at tie-dying, so each child got to tie-dye a shirt for their end of the year gift. It was definitely more intense than I thought it would be, but it was well worth it. They loved their shirts and enjoyed getting to wear them to our end of the year party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment